| || |
|SOLANO COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINTING FOR APPLICANTS |
AS AN APPLICANT -- WHAT SHOULD I DO?
The appointing authority (Employer) will provide the appropriate form(s) and explain the process. Must have at least 3 copies.
Some important things to remember when appearing for fingerprints are:
1. Make an appointment for prompt service. If you are late you will have to reschedule or WAIT for the next available opening. Walk-in applicants are not recommended and must wait for an available opening.
2. Bring the authorized "Request for Live Scan service - applicant submission" form -- Each form requires a separate printing and additional fees.
3. No children, please. Applicants need to make arrangements for child-care prior to being fingerprinted.
4. Valid photographic I.D. MUST be presented at time of service:
Acceptable forms of I.D. are:
1) Driver's License.
2) California Identification Card.
3) Passport (with secondary documentation i.e. Military ID, utility bill, Social Security Card)
5. Fingernails and Rings:
Extremely long or curved fingernails may prevent the fingers from properly contacting the printing surface of livescan and may need trimming. No rings on fingers, they can damage the printing surface of the Live Scan.
6. Bandaged or injured fingers:
Applicant may need to reschedule their appointment until the injured or bandaged finger can be fingerprinted.
7. Free parking is available.
8. The service is provided during hours specified at the site location.
9. There will be a fingerprint rolling fee for all applicants. Please check the fee schedule to obtain the current fee. The fee is subject to change without notice.
Acceptable forms of payment for rolling fee:
1) Cash (exact change)
2) Credit cards - VISA, Master Card or Debit Card
Department of Justice fees will be collected by the Sheriff's Office or the appointing authority as necessary, unless the applicant is fee exempt and/or a billing number is provided. This fee(s) is/are in addition to the Sheriff's Office rolling fee.
Acceptable forms of payment for DOJ fee(s):
1) Cashiers checks or Money orders only
2) Agency billing account number
NO CREDIT CARDS.
All prints are taken electronically and transmitted -- NO hard copy will be supplied.