To be eligible for IHSS, you must be one of the following:
- 65 Years of Age or Older
- Legally Blind
- A Disabled Adult or a Disabled Child.
You must also:
· Be a California resident
· Live in your own home. Your "own home" is any place you choose to live, except a
nursing home or other out-of-home care facility, licensed or not.
· Be a United States citizen or an immigrant lawfully admitted for permanent residence.
· Be eligible for Medi-Cal in the county you are applying for IHSS services.
o Receive or be eligible to receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) / State Supplemental Payments (SSP).
o Meet all SSI / SSP eligibility criteria except for income or citizenship / immigration status.
· If you do not receive SSI / SSP, your income and personal property will be used to determine your eligibility for IHSS.
Other Criteria for IHSS
· Income: If your income is above the SSI / SSP limits, you may be required to pay for a portion of your IHSS benefits. This is called a “Share of Cost”.
· Personal property may not exceed $2,000 for an individual or $3,000 for a couple.
· Property that IS NOT included in determining eligibility includes:
o The home you own and live in
o One vehicle required for transportation to and from medical appointments / work
o All life insurance policies, if the combined face value is not more than $1,500
· Property that IS included in determining eligibility includes:
o Cash on hand
o Checking and savings accounts
o Value of stocks, bonds and trust deeds
o Real property other than the home you own and live in
o Additional automobiles and recreational vehicles
o Promissory notes and loans
How to Apply for IHSS
· During regular business hours: Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.,
except holidays, call the ODAS IHSS Referral Line at (707) 784-8259
and provide as much known information listed below for the person in need of IHSS:
||• Relationship to you and Phone Number
||• Services being Requested
||• Diagnosis and Symptoms
|• Phone Number
||• Primary Medical Provider Information
|• Date of Birth
||• Primary Medical Provider Phone Number
|• Social Security Number
||• Name of Insurance Coverage
||• Medical Record Number
|• Names and Relationships of Others in the Home
||• Language Spoken
|• Guardian / Contact's Name
||• Name of current or prospective care provider (if any)
|• Whether there is Smoking or Pets in Home
Please Note: There may be a waiting list.
IHSS CONTACT NUMBERS
- For information regarding your IHSS application or your current IHSS services,
please call (707) 784-8259
- For assistance finding an IHSS Caregiver
please call (707) 784-8200
- For provider enrollment or provider orientation,
please call (707) 784-8753 or go to www.solanocounty.com/ihss
- For questions about your paycheck or wage verifications,
please call (707) 784-8990
please call (707) 784-8990
please fax to (707) 784-2440
To submit any forms, please mail to:
County of Solano, IHSS
275 Beck Avenue, MS 5-110
Fairfield, CA 94533
To report suspected fraud in the In-Home Supportive Services program, call (707) 784-8259.