| || |
|Capital Facilities and Technology Needs (CFTN)|
The Capital Facilities & Technology Needs (CFTN) component of the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) provides funding to improve and enhance the infrastructure and technological systems for system-wide services and programs.
Electronic Health Records Implementation
Solano County is in the process of implementing the MYAvatar Electronic Health Record (EHR) system, provided by Netsmart Technologies.
- Phase One of MYAvatar went live on July 1, 2013, and included:
- Practice Management (admissions, diagnosis, discharge records)
- Progress Notes
- Financial Management
- Appointment Scheduling
- Managed Services (to authorize and pay for services provided by contractors)
- Phase Two is currently underway and consists of implementing Clinician Workstation, which includes:
- Assessments and treatment plans
- Addiction Severity Index
- Electronic prescribing and medication management
- Point-of-service document imaging and scanning
- Mobile access to the system
- Phase Three implementation will consist of:
- Electronic submission of lab orders and receipt of results
- Consumer Portal to provide consumers with access to information about their treatment
- Health Information Exchange (HIE) to provide data-sharing with other County and medical record systems
These services will allow greater accountability, increased availability of medical information, and improved coordination of care. For more information on the Electronic Health Record project, please refer to the MHSA 3-Year Program & Expenditure Plan for FY 2014/15-2016/17 and the FY2015-16 MHSA Annual Update.