| || |
|HR Sponsored and County-Mandated Training|
The Solano County Department of Human Resources works to provide County departments with a well-qualified, trained workforce.
A variety of training classes are available to County employees, neighboring cities, and special districts. To register for any of the following classes, Solano County employees should contact their Department Training Coordinator.
Neighboring cities and special districts may register their employees by contacting Frances Stokes, HR, Organizational Development and Training Officer at 707-784-3132, or by email at HRTraining@solanocounty.com.
County-Mandated Trainings for County employees are shown in red.
Training sessions open to neighboring cities, counties, and special districts are shown in blue.
Click on the blue, underlined titles for related documents and course descriptions.
Microsoft Office 2010 Training
Please email us at HRTraining@solanocounty.com for information on class availability.
(Click on the level for each application below to see course descriptions)
Customer Service Training
1. Customer Service Training
1. Team Building: Becoming a More Effective Team
2. Team Communication: Understanding Multiple Generations
Business Writing Skills
Making the Transition from Peer to Supervisor
Time Management Training
Leadership Training (Supervisors & Managers)
HR Leadership Academy – skills training in the primary Human Resource competencies
1. Intro to Conducting Effective Employee Evaluations
2. Intro to Progressive Discipline Processes
3. Intro to the Principles of Safety and Risk Management
4. Intro to Discrimination and Harassment Prevention Laws
5. Effective Leave Administration Processes and Procedures
6. Principles of Supervision and Leadership
7. Interview and Hiring Guidelines
8. Intro to Public Sector Employment Law
9. Introduction to Conflict Resolution
1. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for line staff and sups/managers
2. Compliance Training (federal mandate; standards of conduct)
3. Diversity Training
4. Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for line staff and sups/managers
Health and Safety Training
1. First Aid and CPR Training
2. Workplace Violence Protection Training
3. Defensive Driver Training
4. National Incident Management System (NIMS) Training