Human Resources - Employment Opportunites

What are the Human Resources office hours?

Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. excepting holidays.

Where is your office located?

We are located at 675 Texas Street, Suite 1800, Fairfield, CA 94533

What is the fax number?

Our Recruitment fax number is (707) 784-3424

Where can I find out about job openings?

Please visit our website at for a list of current recruitments. Job announcements are also available in our office, located at 675 Texas Street, Suite 1800, Fairfield, CA

What is an ‘open and continuous’/ ‘open until filled’ position?

This means that the recruitment is ongoing until we find the right candidate(s) for the job.

The job I am interested in isn’t open. How can I find out when the job will be available?

On our website, you have the ability to request to be notified when specific recruitments are opened. Click on the link labeled Notify Me of New Jobs and follow the instructions. You will be sent an email when the recruitment opens inviting you to apply.

How do I apply for a job?

Online applications are available at  Just click on the position you are interested in and follow the link to the online job application. Paper applications can also be completed in the Human Resources office during normal business hours.

What are the steps to getting a job?

Please see the Selection Plan section of the job announcement for an outline of the selection process and tentative dates for the different stages of the recruitment.

What is the status of my application?

You can check the status of your application anytime by logging on to your JobAps account. You can also view any notices sent to you on your JobAps account.

Can you check my application to make sure it’s alright?

Unfortunately, we are unable to check applications for accuracy or completeness. Please refer to the specific job announcement for application and supporting documentation requirements and check your application carefully before submitting it.

Where do I get a typing certificate or Microsoft Word/Excel certificate?

Many temporary staffing agencies will administer the exam and issue a certificate. We recommend that you bring a copy of the job announcement with you to the temporary staffing agency to ensure that they are issuing the correct certificate. Please note that we do not accept certificates issued from an online (internet) source.

What are the requirements for a typing or other Microsoft Office certificate?

The certificate must be signed by the agency administering the exam. The certificate must not be more than 12 months old at time of application. We do not accept certificates issued from an online source. Please also refer to the job announcement for the minimum skill level required.

Can I submit a copy of my degree from a foreign college or university?

Your transcripts must first be evaluated by an organization that provides foreign credential evaluations services. Please contact a local community college or university to learn where you can obtain this service. Please refer to the job announcement for additional information.

I just applied for another position. Can you use the documentation from my first application?

Each recruitment is processed separately, so please follow the document submittal guidelines for each application. Unfortunately, we are unable to transfer documents between job applications.

Do I need to submit a DD214?

You only need to submit a DD214 if you have served in the military and wish to claim Veterans' Preference Points, which are explained in each job announcement.

How long do I have to submit my supporting documents?

You must submit all documents by the filing deadline. If the recruitment is Open and Continuous or Open until Filled, you have 5 days from the date of your application to submit all documents.

Where is the fax cover sheet?

You can find the documentation cover sheet in PDF form at Please ensure that your internet settings allow pop-ups from our website in order to print/download our cover sheet. Our recruitment fax number is (707) 784-3424.

I am trying to attach my documents to my application, but the computer says my file is too large. How do I submit them?

You may fax your documents to 707-784-3424, or mail them to Human Resources, 675 Texas Street, Suite 1800, Fairfield, CA 94533. You may also hand deliver them. Please use the document coversheet.

Did you get my fax?

Due to high applicant numbers, we are unable to check individual receipt of faxed documents. Please retain your fax confirmation for your records.

How can I get my user name and/or password?

If you know your user ID, you can retrieve your password by clicking on "My Applications", entering your User ID, then click on the “forgot your password?” link. Fill in the information and your password we be emailed to you. 

If you don't know your User ID, please call the Human Resources Department at (707) 784-6170 during HR business hours and we will be happy to assist you with your user ID. If you no longer have access to the email account used to set up your JobAps account, please contact the Human Resources Department for instructions on how to change your email address.

I moved. How do I update my address on my job applications?

On our website,, please click on the link labeled "update my contact info" and follow the on-screen instructions. You will need the user name and password you created at the time you applied.

Who do I call about a problem with JobAps?

Please contact the Human Resources office at 707-784-6170 and we will try to assist you.

Are practice exams available for this recruitment?

Most public libraries have testing information/guides available.

I failed the exam, what was my score? Can you tell me what areas I need to work on?

Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose non-passing exam scores or provide feedback on exam performance.

I have a disability. How can I get an accommodation during the exam process?

An online "Request for Testing Accommodation by Applicants with Disabilities" Form is available at the link below.  This form must be received in the Human Resources Department within five (5) days from the final filing date of the recruitment or within five (5) calendar days from application submittal if the recruitment is Open & Continuous or Open until Filled. You will be contacted to discuss the request.

Request Form for Testing Accommodation

I am scheduled to take an exam at the County Administration Center/County Events Center; where can I park?

Public parking is available on the first and second floors of the parking structure adjacent to the County Administration Center. Parking passes to allow you to stay in the parking structure for more than the posted 2 hour limit will be distributed prior to the exam.