| || |
|Jail Security Upgrade|
|JAIL SECURITY UPGRADE |
|On December 10, 2003 the County retained the services of Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum (HOK) of San Francisco, CA to design the needed upgrades in the security systems in the Fairfield Main Jail. HOK, along with its sub-consultant, On-Line Electric of Oakland, prepared the construction documents. The project is to upgrade the electronic controls, communications, and architectural items. |
The proposed systems use industry standard equipment to accomplish and streamline all of the tasks originally performed by the existing obsolete equipment. It also provides a means for easy expansion and future upgrade ability.
The equipment is a new Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based system to control and monitor door locks, door position switches, intercom stations, paging speakers, duress button alarms, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) camera switching, and alarm monitoring.
The new control systems will be integrated in their functions to improve operational efficiency and building security.
All existing electronic controls will be replace including the following:
1. Operator control panels
2. Existing door locks and eight manual doors will be replace with new door that are remotely operated.
3. Intercom and paging system will be replace with new electronic systems.
4. Closed Circuit Television - The existing black and white CCTV will be replace with colored TV. The new CCTV system will allow simultaneous recording of up to 16 cameras via a digital video recorder.
5. Cable Television system - The cable television infrastructure will be reworked to provide a balanced signal to all television outlets.
6. Elevator Control system - The existing elevator controls at central control will be integrated into the new PLC system for operation at the new Central Control Operator?s Control Panel.
7. Architectural upgrades will consist of modification of casework in central control and control tower locations. Control room flooring and ceiling lights will be replaced.
The project was advertised for bids on August 8 and 15, 2003 in three local newspapers. A mandatory pre-bid conference with seven (7) firms was held on August 22, 2003 at 530 Clay Street, Fairfield, CA, which included a visit to the project site located at 530 Union Avenue, Fairfield, CA. The bids were received on September 17, 2003. After reviewing and evaluating all bids received, the Jail Security Upgrade was awarded to Legg, Inc. of Livermore, CA. The Notice to Proceed will be issued on October 16, 2003 and The work scheduled to be completed by June 15, 2004. The total estimated project cost is $1,767,359.
|THE PICTURES BELOW ARE OF THE CONSTRUCTION SITE |
| || |
|Overhead sliding door component being assembled (one half) ||Overhead sliding door compenent being assembled (other half) |
| || |
|Overhead sliding door equipment installed ||Central Control T/L Camera Call-Up Console |
| || |
|One of the two identical Control Consoles in the Central Control Room, which are operated by two personel ||Other Control Console in the Central Control Room operated by one of two personel |