| || |
If you have an open case with a local child support agency, you have three options to receive your payments:
- Direct Deposit
- Electronic Payment Card (EPC)
- Standard Bank Check sent to your current mailing address
By choosing the direct deposit option, your payment is automatically deposited into your checking or savings account. There are three ways to enroll.
1. Call the SDU at (866) 901-3212.
2. Enroll manually by clicking on the link Direct Deposit form, filling out the form, and mailing it to the address indicated on the form.
3. Enroll online by clicking on the SDU picture below.
Note: You will need the following information when enrolling: Social Security Number, Participant ID number, Bank Routing number, and Bank Account number.
Electronic Payment Card (EPC)
Similar to an ATM card, when a payment is received and processed, it is then applied to the EPC. There are three ways to enroll.
- Call the SDU at (866) 901-3212. An automated phone menu contains enrollment instructions for the EPC program.
2. Enroll by clicking on the link EPC form, filling out the form, and mailing it to the address indicated on the form.
3. Enroll online by clicking the SDU picture below.
Once you enroll, it will take approximately 10-14 business days to receive your EPC card in the mail. You must read all the information included with your card carefully. You must contact the EPC Customer Service Center to activate your card. The Customer Service Center number is listed on the front of the card.
Note: Your will need your Social Security number and your California Child Support Automation System (CCSAS) participant ID number to enroll for the EPC program. Contact your local child support agency at (866) 901-3212 if you do not know your CCSAS participant ID number or call the SDU at (866) 901-3212.
The benefits or receiving child support payments by EPC include:
- Time - receiving child support payments by EPC saves time and is faster than receiving a check.
- Convenience - use the EPC for purchases everywhere Visa is accepted, point of sales terminals, and to make withdrawals at virtually any ATM 24 hours a day.
- Security - you no longer have to carry large amounts of cash, nor have to worry about losing a check with EPC.
- Cost - eliminate check cashing costs. Some pay up to 15% of face value of the check at check cashing stores.
- Control - improve control over your money. Take only what you need, when you need it.
- Assistance - account information and customer service availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Extra features available to you:
- Check balances, view deposits and debits
- Deposit notifications and low balance alerts
- Savings discounts at major retailers with MasterCard Marketplace
- A new toll free customer service telephone number and website for your card account information
To sign up for these features, go to: www.eppicard.com.
Please be aware that the California Department of Child Support Services does not utilize smart phone apps for activity released to your California EPC debit card. Using such applications may subject you to scams which try to fraudulently obtain your banking information, including your User ID log-on and password.
If you believe your account has been compromised, please call EPPICard. The number is on the back of your card.
For other ways to protect your personal information and avoid identity theft, visit the California Office of Privacy Protection. Information is also available at https://www.eppicard.com.
Standard Bank Check
Receive a check in the mail to your address on file. Keep in mind that because the SDU will be sending your payment from its central office, your payment may reach you later than when it was mailed to you by Solano County DCSS. If a payment has been received, and you did not receive a check, you need to make sure that your address on file is accurate. If your address on file is not accurate, you can update it by contacting your local child support agency at (866) 901-3212 or log onto our Customer Connect website to update your address.
Cancel Direct Deposit or EPC
To cancel a current direct deposit or EPC payment option, click the SDU picture below and choose the appropriate option type or call the SDU at (866) 901-3212.
Please note that you will receive a Monthly Statement of Collections and Distribution for each month in which a child support collection is received or a payment is issued.