| || |
|Training|Continuing Education Presentations:
These are some of the presentations from some of our current CE classes.
Unmanned Aircraft in Agriculture by Brandon Stark (given at the Nov. 17th 2016 CE Class)
Worker Protection Standard 2017 updates by Alicia Scott of DPR (given at all CE Classes)
Training for employees who handle pesticides:
What Do You Need?
1. Pesticide labels, material safety data sheets
2. A written training program - Written Training Program for Pesticide Handlers
3. Pesticide Safety Information Series (Can be found in English, Spanish, and Punjabi)
4. Qualified person to give training. A qualified person (i.e., Certified Private Applicator, Qualified Applicator License, etc.) must conduct training for agricultural employees.
5. Documentation of training
Pesticide Safety Training Record
At least yearly, provide training in:
1. For each pesticide or chemically similar group of pesticides:
1. Need for, limitations, use, and sanitation of any required personal protective equipment.
2. Environmental concerns such as drift, runoff, wildlife hazards, and Endangered Species.
3. Decontamination and washing after exposure period.
2. Routes of exposure
3. Hazards, acute, chronic, sensitization effects
4. Common symptoms of overexposure
5. First aid, obtaining emergency medical care, heat related illness
6. Warning about taking pesticides and pesticide containers home
7. Hazard communication program--Section 6723, CCR, Title III
8. Employee rights listed in Section 6704, CCR, Title III
9. Format and meaning of information contained in pesticide labeling.
10. Safety requirements and procedures, including engineering controls.
11. Inspection Form - Pesticide Use Monitoring Inspection
The following link contains useful forms needed for training and record keeping purposes-Training Forms