BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
John M. Vasquez (Dist. 4), Chair
Barbara Kondylis (Dist. 1), Vice-Chairwoman
Linda J. Seifert (Dist. 2)
James P. Spering (Dist. 3)
Michael J. Reagan (Dist. 5)
MICHAEL D. JOHNSON
Fax (707) 784-6665
THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD IN THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS CHAMBERS,
675 Texas Street, Fairfield, California
HOUSING AUTHORITY, SPECIAL DISTRICTS,
SOLANO FACILITIES CORPORATION,
SOLANO BUILDING CORPORATION AND
IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY
parking permits for the
materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after
distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the
If you wish to address any item listed on the Agenda, or Closed Session, please submit a Speaker Card to the Board Clerk before the Board considers the specific item. Cards are available at the entrance to the Board chambers.
Please limit your comments to three minutes.
For items not listed on the Agenda, please see items from the public below.
CALL TO ORDER 8:30 a.m.
Employee organization: SEIU Local 1021: Unit #2-Nurses, Unit #5-Health & Welfare Employees, Unit #7-Regulatory, Technical & General Services Employees, Unit #8 General Services Supervisors, Unit #9-Clerical Employees, Unit #12-Probation Employees, Unit #15-Supervising Probation Employees, and Units #82, #87, #89, and #90-Extra Help; Stationary Engineers Local 39 for Unit #10-Skilled Crafts & Maintenance Employees; Teamsters Local 228 for Unit #1-Attorneys; PEU Local 1 for Unit #6 Health & Welfare Supervisors, and for Unit #16 & #16C-Middle Management; Solano County Deputy Sheriffs Association for Unit #3-Law Enforcement Employees, and Unit #4 Law Enforcement Supervisors; UAPD for Unit#11-Psychiatrists, Physicians, & Dentists; Solano County Sheriff's Custody Association for Unit-13-Correctional Officers; Teamsters Local 856 for Unit #14-Correctional Supervisors; Unrepresented Employees in Units #30-Confidential, #61-Executive Management, #62 & 62-C-Senior Management, #63-Mid Management-Confidential, #75-Senior Managers Civil Service, and #00-Unclassified Employees
Potential litigation: one case
RECONVENE 9:00 a.m.
REPORT OF ACTION IN CLOSED SESSION (IF APPLICABLE)
SALUTE TO THE FLAG AND A MOMENT OF SILENCE
Probation/Office of Family Violence Prevention
3. Adopt and present a resolution declaring June 2009 as "Men Ending Violence Against Women Month" in Solano County; and recognize the HEROES organization for their work in encouraging men to sign a pledge to reduce men's violence toward women and children (Supervisor Kondylis)
ADDITIONS TO OR DELETIONS FROM THE AGENDA
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
PUBLIC COMMENT ON CONSENT CALENDAR
Each speaker shall have 3 minutes to address any or all items on the Consent Calendar.
APPROVAL OF THE CONSENT CALENDAR
The Board considers all matters listed under the Consent Calendar to be routine and will adopt them in one motion. There will be no discussion on these items before the Board votes on the motion unless Board members request specific items be discussed and/or removed from the Consent Calendar.
5. Approve a fourth amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding with Court Appointed Special Advocates of Solano County (CASA) in the amount of $100,000 for the period of July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010 to coordinate and provide volunteer services
6. Review and approval of Board of Supervisors responses to the following 2008/09 Grand Jury Reports: 1) California Medical Facility; 2) Juvenile Hall; 3) California State Prison-Solano; 4) Solano County Main Jail
7. Approve an agreement for $135,000 with Occu-Med, Ltd., to provide pre-employment medical examinations and medical review for the period July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010; and Authorize the County Administrator to execute the agreement
8. Adopt a resolution authorizing the conveyance of a utility easement to PG&E on County owned real property situated at 2201 Courage Drive in Fairfield and Authorize the County Administrator to execute any necessary, subsequent modifications or amendments
9. Set July 21, 2009 as a Noticed Public Hearing date to consider adopting a resolution confirming delinquent accounts for mandatory garbage collection, disposal and recycling services in the unincorporated areas of Vacaville and Dixon; approving a $50 administrative charge for lien processing; directing the Clerk of the Board to file a certified copy of the resolution with the County Recorder; authorizing the County Auditor-Controller to impose the delinquent fees and administrative charges as special assessments on the FY09/10 property tax roll, authorizing the Department of General Services to record a Release of Lien when delinquent amounts are paid; and Directing the Clerk of the Board to publish the notice of public hearing in the Vacaville Reporter at least 10 days prior to the hearing date
10. Set July 21, 2009 as a Noticed Public Hearing date to consider adopting a resolution confirming delinquent accounts for mandatory garbage collection, disposal and recycling services in the unincorporated areas of Fairfield and Suisun; approving a $50 administrative charge for lien processing; directing the Clerk of the Board to file a certified copy of the resolution with the County Recorder; authorizing the County Auditor-Controller to impose the delinquent fees and administrative charges as special assessments on the FY09/10 property tax roll, authorizing the Department of General Services to record a Release of Lien when delinquent amounts are paid; and Directing the Clerk of the Board to publish the notice of public hearing in the Fairfield Daily Republic at least 10 days prior to the hearing date
11. Set July 21, 2009 as a Noticed Public Hearing date to consider adopting a resolution confirming delinquent accounts for mandatory garbage collection, disposal and recycling services in the unincorporated areas of Vallejo; approving a $50 administrative charge for lien processing; directing the Clerk of the Board to file a certified copy of the resolution with the County Recorder; authorizing the County Auditor-Controller to impose the delinquent fees and administrative charges as special assessments on the FY09/10 property tax roll, authorizing the Department of General Services to record a Release of Lien when delinquent amounts are paid; and Directing the Clerk of the Board to publish the notice of public hearing in the Vallejo Times Herald at least 10 days prior to the hearing date
First 5 Solano:
13. Approve a contract amendment of up to $20,000 for LFA Group for a new contract total of $553,570 for the period ending June 30, 2010 to incorporate evaluation of Mental Health Services Act Prevention and Early Intervention Grants
14. Approve four contract amendments between First 5 Solano and Integrated Family Support Initiative partners totaling $65,818, from $1,248,262 to $1,313,880 for the period June 10, 2009 through June 30, 2010; and Authorize the County Administrator to approve and execute any future contract amendments that remain within budgeted appropriations or are limited to minor modifications to scope of services and/or terms and conditions
15. Approve a contract amendment and extension of up to $50,000 for Solano County Office of Education for a new contract amount of $160,000 for the period ending June 30, 2010 for Preschool for All services
16. Approve a contract amendment not to exceed $315,250 with B.I. Incorporated to cover the cost of three years of additional service for the term of July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2012 to provide electronic monitoring and sobriety checks of adult offenders and Global Positioning System tracking for more intensive adult offenders; and Approve the Sheriff and Sheriff's designee to make non-monetary changes to the contract
17. Authorize the Director of Resource Management to solicit proposals for environmental studies for the Travis AFB Access Improvement Project and to award and execute contracts with the best qualified consultants
18. Adopt a resolution authorizing the Director of Resource Management to apply for $800,000 in Federal stimulus funds for the Old Town Cordelia Improvement Project, and Authorize the Director of Resource Management to advertise the project for bids, and to award and execute a contract with the lowest responsible bidder
In-Home Supportive Services:
19. Approve an addendum to the Memorandum of Understanding with the Solano County In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority and Service Employees International Union, Healthcare United Long-Term Care Workers Local 6434; Approve the proposed In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority and Assistance reimbursement rate of $13.67 for FY2009/10; and Authorize In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority Administrator to submit the proposed rate to the California Department of Social Services for approval
Rescheduled Consent Items:
Solano County Fair:
23. Receive a report regarding an agreement between the Solano County Fair Association, the Alameda County Agricultural Association, and the California Authority of Racing Fairs for revenue sharing from the combined horseracing meet to be conducted from July 1-26, 2009
25. Receive the Solano360 Vision Report and consider accepting the conceptual project vision for the Solano360 Fairgrounds Project; Consider directing staff to work on the entitlement and funding strategy with the Solano360 Committee members and City of Vallejo and bring back recommendations at Budget Hearings
26. Receive a report on the Fairgrounds Area Transportation Improvement Study, and Authorize the County Administrator to enter into an agreement with the Solano Transportation Authority and the City of Vallejo to perform the environmental clearance work on the improvements
27. Read the proposed ordinance by title only and waive further reading by a majority vote; Introduce a proposed ordinance amending Solano County Code, Chapter 12.2 - Flood Damage Prevention, as recommended by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
28. Consider adopting a resolution approving Neighborhood Stabilization Program Application for approximately $337,781 in funding to Solano County to operate a first time homebuyers program specific to homes that have been foreclosed upon in unincorporated areas of the County; and Authorize the Director of Resource Management to sign any subsequent amendments to the application
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
This is your opportunity to address the Board on a matter not listed on the Agenda, but it must be within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board. Please submit a Speaker Card before the first speaker is called and limit your comments to three minutes.
X-1 Receive a presentation from the Superior Court of Solano County and consider approving a grant application to the United States Department of Justice Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) for Family Dependency Drug Court
29. Public Hearing to consider the Planning Commission's action recommending adoption of an ordinance approving a Zoning Text Amendment to create a new Commercial Recreation (CR) Zoning District and approving Rezoning Petition No. Z-08-02 (Vineyard RV Park) to rezone a 24.54 acre parcel located in the unincorporated North Vacaville-Midway Road Area from Park (P) to Commercial Recreation (CR)
30. Consider adopting a resolution vacating the Board actions of June 10, 2008, certifying Final EIR and approving Revision No. 2 to Use Permit No. U-88-33 of the Potrero Hills Landfill; and Conduct Public Hearing to further consider certification of a Final Environmental Impact Report and approval of Revision No. 2 to Use Permit No. U-88-33 for the Potrero Hills Landfill Expansion Project
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS
ADJOURN: to the Board of Supervisors Meeting of June 23, 2009
at 8:00 a.m., Board Chambers,