BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
John M. Vasquez (Dist. 4), Chair
Barbara Kondylis (Dist. 1), Vice-Chairwoman
Linda J. Seifert (Dist. 2)
James P. Spering (Dist. 3)
Michael J. Reagan (Dist. 5)
MICHAEL D. JOHNSON
Fax (707) 784-6665
THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD IN THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS CHAMBERS,
675 Texas Street, Fairfield, California
HOUSING AUTHORITY, SPECIAL DISTRICTS,
SOLANO FACILITIES CORPORATION, AND
IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AUTHORITY
parking permits for the
materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Board after
distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the
If you wish to address any item listed on the Agenda, or Closed Session, please submit a Speaker Card to the Board Clerk before the Board considers the specific item.† Cards are available at the entrance to the Board chambers.
Please limit your comments to three minutes.
For items not listed on the Agenda, please see items from the public below.
CALL TO ORDER†††††††††††††† 8:30 a.m.
Property:† 1234 Empire Street, and 840 and
County negotiators:† Spencer Bole, General Services Director and Scott Sheldon
Under negotiation:† Price and terms
RECONVENE††††††††† ††††††††††† 9:00 a.m.
REPORT OF ACTION IN CLOSED SESSION (IF APPLICABLE)
SALUTE TO THE FLAG AND A MOMENT OF SILENCE
Board of Supervisors
2. Adopt and present resolution honoring Ella Mae Bush for her spirit of volunteerism and her receipt of the 2009 Martin Luther King, Jr. Humanitarian Award from Touro University† (Supervisor Seifert)
County Administrator/First 5 Solano
7. Adopt a resolution and present a plaque of appreciation commending Chief Deputy District Attorney George H. Williamson for over 10 years of service to Solano County and over 31 years in California law enforcement† (Chair Vasquez)
Health and Social Services
ADDITIONS TO OR DELETIONS FROM THE AGENDA
APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
PUBLIC COMMENT ON CONSENT CALENDAR
Each speaker shall have 3 minutes to address any or all items on the Consent Calendar.
APPROVAL OF THE CONSENT CALENDAR
The Board considers all matters listed under the Consent Calendar to be routine and will adopt them in one motion.† There will be no discussion on these items before the Board votes on the motion unless Board members request specific items be discussed and/or removed from the Consent Calendar.
Clerk of the Board of Supervisors:
12. Approve a first amendment to the contract with J.F. Pacific Liners, Inc. for sewer repairs at the Claybank Jail kitchen facility increasing the amount by $21,000 for a total contract cost of $67,850
13. Adopt a resolution for the General Services Department to apply for a grant through the California Energy Commission's Public Interest Energy Research (PIER) Renewable-Based Energy Secure Communities (RESCOs) grant solicitation; and† Authorize the County Administrator to negotiate and enter into the required grant agreements
First 5 Solano:
14. Approve an amendment to the three-year Memorandum of Understanding between First 5 Solano and Solano County Health and Social Services Department Mental Health Division to increase Early Periodic Screening Diagnosis and Treatment mental health services from $300,000 to $1,213,180; Extend the term of the agreement an additional two years through June 30, 2012; and Delegate signature authority to the County Administrator for all future amendments to this agreement
HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES
Health and Social Services:
17. Adopt a resolution authorizing the Director of Resource Management to apply for $2.0 million in Federal stimulus road funds for Stimulus Overlay Project 2009, and committing Solano County to following Federal and Metropolitan Transportation Commission procedures for use of the funds
Rescheduled Consent Items:
Board of Supervisors:
20. Consider adopting the Guiding Principles for the Redevelopment of the Solano County Fairgrounds; and Approve a Memorandum of Understanding between the County and the City of Vallejo regarding the Fairgrounds Redevelopment Project
23. Receive a report on County General Liability Limits for contracted services and affirm the staff recommendation that the County continue to pursue a policy of transferring the maximum risk possible whenever entering into a contract for services
24. Consider authorizing the Auditor-Controller to redeem the 1998 Certificates of Participation ahead of schedule; Approve the related Appropriation Transfers for the additional principal & interest payment of $2,667,000 in debt service fund and $2,083,556 increase in Operating Transfers Out in Public Facility Fund (4/5 vote required)
Treasurer-Tax Collector-County Clerk:
25. Receive a report from the Treasurer-Tax Collector-County Clerk on the parameters for loaning County funds, contract advances, lines of credit or serving as a guarantor; Approve the recommended policies and procedures for evaluating loan or advance requests; and Deny requests to act as a guarantor on a construction loan for Mission Solano and provide a line of credit to the Solano Resource Conservation District
ITEMS FROM THE PUBLIC
This is your opportunity to address the Board on a matter not listed on the Agenda, but it must be within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board.† Please submit a Speaker Card before the first speaker is called and limit your comments to three minutes.
Board of Supervisors
29. Consider authorizing department heads to vigorously pursue federal stimulus money and submit grant applications on behalf of Solano County with the concurrence of the County Administrator† (Supervisor Kondylis)
30. Receive a report regarding the curtailment of horse racing at the Solano County Fair to one week in 2009; Receive an overview of the management agreement between the Solano County Fair Association and the County of Solano; and Consider approval of recommendations as outlined in the report
31. Public Hearing to consider an appeal of the Planning Commission's decision to adopt the Mitigated Negative Declaration and approve Minor Subdivision Application No. MS-07-05 of Gordon and Marilyn Sweeney, allowing the subdivision of an 8.54 acre parcel into three parcels greater than 2.5 acres in size on property located at 4450 Glen Cannon Drive, in unincorporated Fairfield
32. Public hearing to consider adoption of a Negative Declaration and approval of Minor Subdivision Application No. MS-08-02 of Delucchi Associates to subdivide two existing parcels into three parcels. The project is located south of Dixon in an Exclusive Agricultural (A-40) Zoning District and both existing parcels are under a Williamson Act Contract
33. Public Hearing to consider Agricultural Preserve Application Nos. 1358, 1359 and 1360 of Delucchi Associates for property located south of the City of Dixon at 6386 Midway Road; Adopt the recommended findings and resolution; Dissolve Agricultural Preserve Nos. 12 and 13; Rescind Land Conservation Contract Nos. 8 and 9; Establish Agricultural Preserve No. 1248; and Approve Land Conservation Contract No. 1358, 1359 and 1360 of Delucchi Associates
Board of Supervisors:
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS AND REPORTS ON MEETINGS
ADJOURN: to the Board of Supervisors Meeting of March 17, 2009
at 8:00 a.m., Board Chambers,